Fresh Pumpkin Bread
If you have some fresh pumpkin leftover from that previous visit to your local pumpkin patch or one straight from your garden, this is a wonderful recipe to get you in the fall spirit and warm your home.
The rest of the ingredients can be found laying around in your baking shelf or your fridge. Be sure to invite some friends and family over to enjoy this delicious recipe!
For this recipe you will need the following,
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the two mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
5. Pour batter into a non-stick 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack
Make sure to have plenty of family and friends over your home to enjoy the warmth, smell and flavor of this recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of the Crafty House.